Oct 20, 2015 · 1 minute read
We’re all creative people here, right? And we’re trying to make time for the things we love. For me, and for a lot of you out there, that means making things.
With the fall holidays all right around the corner, it can seem like there’s too much other stuff to do. Especially in my family, this is the beginning of birthday season as well as holiday season. So why not put all that creativity to work in decorating the house, making gifts or getting the kids’ costumes together?
In the spirit of my favorite holiday (Halloween), creativity and not spending a lot, here is some inspiration for cool, fun or spooky Halloween projects that will get your creative juices flowing and leave you with one more thing crossed off your list. At the end, I’ll show you what I’m working on too.
- Cheesecloth ghost. Because we all have cheesecloth lying around the house from that one time we did that one thing. Maybe it was making cheese, but probably it had nothing to do with that. Anyway, put that extra cheesecloth to some good ol’ spooky fun.
- Speaking of cheese cloth, how about a mummy pumpkin? This one glows in the dark, but I think it’s cute even without the added step.
- This is old, but so cute still. It’s a pumpkin! With fangs! It makes me laugh every time. Ahem. I mean, it’s super spooky.
- Nothing says Halloween like a bunch of eyeballs. I had a few strings of eyeball lights that pooped out last year, so I took all the eyeballs off and have been putting them out in bowls on the table, but this eyeball wreath has given me a new idea.
- These apothecary jars show just how much you can change the stuff you have on hand with a little creativity.
These few projects are just meant to give a little inspiration and spark your creativity. Look around – there’s plenty to morph and create for a fun, spooky or cute Halloween. I’m going too tackle that eyeball wreath.
What Halloween projects are you making this year?